About the company
Headquartered in Mumbai, the organization is one of the largest and highly reputed FMCG organizations in India. Their revenue for last financial years had been more than 10000 Crores. They generate an average of 2000 number of invoices daily.
Amongst various systems. the customer uses SAP ECC, SAP PI/PO , SAP BW.
The organization was looking for a solution to integrate their SAP system with the e-way bill portal of NIC. They were looking for a solution which ensures the following:
- Simple to use and easy to manage
- No delay in generation of e-way bill. And thus no unnecessary delay for the transporters.
- A reliable, scalable and secure system.
- A proven solution from a reliable partner.
As a process, the IT and finance team evaluated a few solutions. Based on their specific criteria and feedback from existing users of the solution, they decided to opt for mavenTax e-way bill solution. The solution is live from June 2018 onwards.
The solution was implemented within 2 weeks. First day was a day of finalizing customer specific process and reporting requirements. Post that the solution was imported in customer development system. A team of SAP and integration developers and consultants from Maventic office did the changes and integration on subsequent days. The customer IT team and users team validated the system and went live in only two weeks.
The solution not only facilitated generation of timely and error free e-way bills, but also brought some additional advantages like
- The customer could develop their own reports from SAP as all data resided in SAP.
- The support for adoption to NIC changes was quickly handled as there was a dedicated supporting the changes proactively.
- The implementation team brought strong SAP expertise and understood the customization done much easier.
- The alerts defined helped in making changes in generation of e-way bills quite timely and thus ensuring timely dispatches,